The Program includes a treatment approach that involves the family with better engagement. It increases higher rates of success and aftercare participation. The inevitable gap which is formed between the patient and his family during addiction is bridged with the vital medium of family counselling. The main benefits of family counselling include:
– Improved mental and physical state of the entire family unit.
– Family members to gain self-care interventions to improve their own well being.
– Improving communication and relationship quality.
– Addresses co-dependent behaviour.
– Preventing the substance use from spreading throughout the family or down through future generations.
Family counselling accomplishes the above by emphasizing their role and drawing out their strength and diminishing the influence of substance use for all members.